Are you looking for an easy, healthy, and delicious frozen snack for your kids this summer? These frozen watermelon pops are a delicious treat for a crowd!
Is Watermelon Good After Freezing?
The short answer is yes. You can freeze and frozen watermelon and it's still delicious! As soon as frozen watermelons thaw, it gets mushy. But there are a lot of things you can do with frozen watermelon, so don't throw away your old watermelon!
Ways to use frozen watermelon
- Turn it into popsicles
- Make watermelon slushies, granita or sorbet
- Mix it in a smoothie
- Mix in watermelon and other fruits of your choice and make popsicles
How to cut watermelon for kids
- First, cut your watermelon into slices.
- Cut the discs into strips, then cut them into smaller cubes for a smaller pop. Basically, you only want pieces that would make good popsicle shapes.
- In this post, you will learn how we love to cut watermelons.
- Put a popsicle in the center of each piece.
How to Make Watermelon Pops
Once your watermelon is cut and the popsicles are in, it's time to start dipping!
- Melt your chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments. Stir for between 30 seconds.
- Let the chocolate cool for a few minutes before dipping.
- Take each watermelon cube and dip it in the chocolate so that the chocolate comes about halfway up. You can use a spoon to spread the chocolate over the watermelon.
- Now, if you want to add toppings, sprinkle them on top while the chocolate is still a little melted.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 2 hours or until frozen.
After a few hours you will have delicious fresh watermelon pops! You can whip up a large amount in about 10 minutes. And they are not only fast, but also inexpensive! You can make one of these pops for around 10 cents depending on how much you're getting for your watermelon. And you can feel good about letting your kids eat more than one because they are full of nutrients.
- 1 medium Watermelon
- 1 Cup Chocolate chips
- Popsicle sticks
Slice watermelon and then cut into large cubes.
Put a popsicle in each watermelon cube.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave in a microwaveable bowl in 30 second increments. Stir in between for 30 seconds.
Dip each watermelon cube in chocolate and sprinkle the toppings on top. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
Freeze for 2 hours or until each watermelon pop is frozen.
Serve and enjoy or store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.